I love seeing what others have purchased because it inspires me to pick up my needle and thread! Here’s what I garnered this month!
- I purchased from Heaven and Earth Designs Mini Curl Up with a Good Book. I’m too timid to try a full size HAED yet. 😉
- I finally broke down and bought the 2013 Woodland Creatures Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
- I also picked up 2 Lizzie Kate’s from 123stitch.com. The Boo Squared was clearanced so I picked it up.
New Stitching Fabrics
- I picked up some Stormy Cloud Lugana for Mini Curl Up with a Good Book. I thought the gray cloudiness looked very similar to dragon smoke unfurling from its mouth.
- I picked up the lavender aida for a journal cover. It’s for a pattern from a magazine and it says “I Stitch Therefore I Stash” Looking back on my month of purchases it seems appropriate! Lol
- Lastly I picked out some 28 ct Mushroom colored evenweave for the 2013 Woodland Creatures sampler. I didn’t want white after the color peek through I’m experiencing with Bitter Luigi. Plus mushrooms are wild too! 🙂 I also purchased an 11×11 QSnap so I can have two projects going at the same time.
New Huggie Fabrics
- After learning how to make my own QSnap huggies, I went a little nuts with the fabric. I have to say I kind of love them all! I’ve got a plum colored fabric with light purple swirly designs, a light blueish green butterfly fabric, a Give Thanks fallish fabric, and a dark blue dragonfly pattern (this one’s a gift!). Now I just need to get crackin’ on the sewing machine! 🙂
New Organization & Threads
- I mentioned in my last post that I was tired of DMC’s BowStitch (or is it StitchBow?) system for floss. It seemed really inefficient and not very convenient for getting my projects organized. This month, I bought enough Floss Caddies for my DMC threads, the DMC code stickers, and more packs of 28 plastic bobbins than I care to count. When I was thoroughly disgusted with Bitter Luigi and all that damn blue I’d take a break and work on my Floss Inventory and my bobbins. I am pleased to report that I am up to date! Aren’t they gorgeous?! 🙂
- I also picked up some Easy Gridding Nylon Thread
I tried using it the other night but we didn’t exactly see eye to eye.