So it’s been a looooooong while since I’ve posted anything. I’ve recently really gotten into stitching again and I love it. I decided to purchase my own web hosting and use the awesome new theme I purchased to run my new site: Little Xs. Join me over there to find all the hauls, wip updates, and finishes! Thanks for following!
I love seeing what others have purchased because it inspires me to pick up my needle and thread! Here’s what I garnered this month!
- I purchased from Heaven and Earth Designs Mini Curl Up with a Good Book. I’m too timid to try a full size HAED yet. 😉
- I finally broke down and bought the 2013 Woodland Creatures Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
- I also picked up 2 Lizzie Kate’s from 123stitch.com. The Boo Squared was clearanced so I picked it up.
New Stitching Fabrics
- I picked up some Stormy Cloud Lugana for Mini Curl Up with a Good Book. I thought the gray cloudiness looked very similar to dragon smoke unfurling from its mouth.
- I picked up the lavender aida for a journal cover. It’s for a pattern from a magazine and it says “I Stitch Therefore I Stash” Looking back on my month of purchases it seems appropriate! Lol
- Lastly I picked out some 28 ct Mushroom colored evenweave for the 2013 Woodland Creatures sampler. I didn’t want white after the color peek through I’m experiencing with Bitter Luigi. Plus mushrooms are wild too! 🙂 I also purchased an 11×11 QSnap so I can have two projects going at the same time.
New Huggie Fabrics
- After learning how to make my own QSnap huggies, I went a little nuts with the fabric. I have to say I kind of love them all! I’ve got a plum colored fabric with light purple swirly designs, a light blueish green butterfly fabric, a Give Thanks fallish fabric, and a dark blue dragonfly pattern (this one’s a gift!). Now I just need to get crackin’ on the sewing machine! 🙂
New Organization & Threads
- I mentioned in my last post that I was tired of DMC’s BowStitch (or is it StitchBow?) system for floss. It seemed really inefficient and not very convenient for getting my projects organized. This month, I bought enough Floss Caddies for my DMC threads, the DMC code stickers, and more packs of 28 plastic bobbins than I care to count. When I was thoroughly disgusted with Bitter Luigi and all that damn blue I’d take a break and work on my Floss Inventory and my bobbins. I am pleased to report that I am up to date! Aren’t they gorgeous?! 🙂
- I also picked up some Easy Gridding Nylon Thread
I tried using it the other night but we didn’t exactly see eye to eye.
When I picked up Bitter Luigi about a week ago I had about three lines of blue before I actually made it to Luigi. Now I’ve got Luigi, the hill outlined, and most of the blue surrounding Luigi done.
Also because of the awesome tutorial that Christine over at QSnap Huggies has put up, I was able to run out to JoAnne’s on Tuesday night, pick up my materials and stitch my own QSnap huggie! I honestly think it’s the first time my sewing machine and I actually worked well together. I picked up more materials to sew one for my smaller QSnap and one for my 11X11 QSnap. I love my QSnaps so much that I’m thinking of buying one for my mom with a huggie of course! 🙂
I’ve also been working on getting my DMC thread collection switched over from the BowStitch method of keeping thread to simple bobbins and a floss caddy. The BowStitch system just did not work for me. Thanks to Jessie at Jessie Stitches I have a better way of managing floss for my WIPs.
That’s it for this week! I can’t wait to show you the stash I’ve been picking up this month. 🙂 Check back with me later this month to check it out!
Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish in September 2013
My name is Stephanie and I’m a sometime stitcher hoping to become a more serious stitcher. 🙂 I’ve been an avid stalker of cross-stitching blogs for several years now. I find a night of stitching can unwind me better than anything else. In order to keep myself more focused on my stitching I decided to create a blog and keep myself accountable on my projects.
I’ve recently been inspired to keep up with my stitching by a girl who says I inspired her! Jessie at Jessie in Stitches found a new hobby and RAN with it. She has been doing some fantastic work and it has in turn inspired me to keep up with my work. I am a collector of sorts so I have quite a cross-stitching stash already. My game plan is to do a weekly post for each work in process and one stash post each week. I hope you’ll join me on my cross-stitching adventure! 🙂